Tweet this page
Registration as it was on 08 Nov 2022
How to read and use this data card.
Download this datacard


Lobbying Costs

25,000€ - 49,999€

Financial year: Jan 2021 - Dec 2021

Lobbyists (Full time equivalent)

0.75 Fte (2)

Lobbyists with EP accreditation


High-level Commission meetings


Lobbying Costs over the years

  • Info


    EU Transparency Register

    907388840752-05 First registered on 21 Dec 2020

    Goals / Remit

    Ecosia is the search engine that plants trees. We dedicate upwards of 80% of our revenue to financing reforestation and tree-planting projects worldwide to protect and restore nature. As well as reforestation, we invest the remaining 20% of our revenues in fighting climate change through green investments, such as solar power plants and agroforestry projects. This means that 100% of Ecosia's profits are dedicated to climate action, making us unique as a 'non-profit' business, dedicated to scaling a solution to plant billions of trees to secure the health and safety of generations to come.

    Ecosia is both a B Corp and a “steward-owned company,” meaning that it maintains the highest ethical standards and levels of public transparency. Ecosia belongs to its purpose, rather than its owners - it can never be sold and no one, including the founder, can profit or receive dividends from the company.

    Main EU files targeted

    Issues relating to a. Europe's digital services and market (for example the Digital Services Act and Digital Markets Act) and b. European environmental and climate policy


    Head Office
    Ecosia GmbH, Gerichtstr. 23, Hof 4, Aufgang 4, 3.OG
    Berlin 13347
    EU Office
    Ecosia GmbH, Gerichtstr. 23, Hof 4, Aufgang 4, 3.OG
    Berlin 13347


  • People

    Total lobbyists declared


    Employment timeLobbyists

    Lobbyists (Full time equivalent)


    Lobbyists with EP accreditation

    No lobbyists with EP accreditations

    Complementary Information

    None declared

    Person in charge of EU relations

    Data not provided by Register Secretariat due to GDPR

    Person with legal responsibility

    Data not provided by Register Secretariat due to GDPR

  • Categories


    Companies & groups

  • Networking


    Internet Economy Foundation

    Member organisations

    None declared

  • Financial Data

    Interests represented

    Promotes their own interests or the collective interests of their members

    Closed financial year

    Jan 2021 - Dec 2021

    Lobbying costs for closed financial year

    25,000€ - 49,999€

    Major contributions in closed year

    None declared

    Intermediaries for closed year

    internet economy foundation 25,000€ - 49,999€

    Intermediaries for current year

    internet economy foundation

    Closed year Costs

    25,000€ - 49,999€

    Other financial info

    None declared

  • EU Structures

    Groups (European Commission)


    Groups (European Parliament)


    Other activities

    None declared

  • Meetings


    1 meetings found. Download meetings

    The list below only covers meetings held since November 2014 with commissioners, their cabinet members or directors-general at the European Commission; other lobby meetings with lower-level staff may have taken place, but the European Commission doesn't publish information about such meetings. All information below comes from European Commission web pages.

    • Date 23 Apr 2021 Location Videoconference
      Subject Search engine’s responsibility under the DSA
      Cabinet Cabinet of Commissioner Thierry Breton
      Portfolio Internal Market
      • Filomena Chirico (Cabinet member)
      Other Lobbyists
Download this datacard